February 22, 2012

Addiction

Your love, like a drug,
I can never get enough.  
Each smile, each kiss
Was like you were 
Never gone.
I'm addicted,
Yet again.
Though you've barely been home.
Why must you leave?
I'll miss you.


Broken, I'll be
For a good week or thirty, 
Until I remember to breathe on my own, 
I'll spend each moment 
Thinking of home,
Because my home is where 
Your heart beats.
Until then, I'll reside 
With this lonely open space
In myself.
Until I'm over your addiction.


Every second you are home
I'm reminded you'll be gone
Before our chance to reminisce.
Why, my love
Do I think like that
When nothing could be better than this?


Because of my addiction.


Holding me tight, 
In your muscled arms
Before saying goodbye 
Until the next day is born
Tears up my eye,
I'll try not to cry
My love,
You've not even gone.


Why does it make your strong heart
Ache
For my soul?
It is my fault that I am 
Addicted to you,
To your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment