December 5, 2011

This Clear Tuesday morning air

Tastes fresh as a chilled apple

It feels like a cold hand

Pressed to my feverish cheek

The sky is cloudless; boundless

Stars dapple the navy canvas

They grasp my wandering attention

To intertwine me with their own

As if they must remind me

Of my love for the gleaming night

My shadow stands before me

Seducing me toward life’s bitter duties

Reminding myself of what I live for now

I hesitate to glance around

My back still to my waiting friend

Too long I’ve let this moment pass

I proceed as a slave again

Instead of enjoying my few sweet moments

To reminisce with the waning moon



I break free from life’s aggressive hold

As I watch these double doors unfold

I rush around to share the news

That I’ve discovered my rightful path

Outside of these busy working shoes

Bare feet lead me to green pastures

As the chill still nips my nose

But my pale friend is now hidden

Behind the dominant morning rose

No comments:

Post a Comment